Michigan Primary Care Association has joined with the Michigan Cover the Uninsured Network and some of our state’s leading organizations in a statewide initiative to enroll as many as 50,000 uninsured children in state sponsored health insurance programs such as MIChild and Healthy Kids over the next two years.
Covering Kids & Families Michigan will launch with a Back-to-School Campaign this fall with local outreach campaign activities in communities throughout Michigan.These events will help inform parents that their children may be eligible for Medicaid or State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) coverage and will help get more children enrolled.
The goal is to spread the word about low-cost and free health care coverage programs available for many families, especially working families. As parents prepare their children for a successful school year, the 2009 Covering Kids & Families Michigan Back-to-School Campaign encourages parents whose children are uninsured to put enrolling them in the state’s MICHild or Healthy Kids programs at the top of their back-to-school checklist.
Please join this statewide mobilization by:
- Distributing free materials with information on low-cost or free health coverage to potentially eligible families
- Conducting outreach through local schools to help enroll potentially eligible families in Medicaid and SCHIP
- Planning an enrollment event
- Writing your local newspaper about the availability of low-cost or free health care coverage through Medicaid or SCHIP
- Telling people you know with uninsured children to call 1-888-988-6300 or visit healthcare4mi.com/michild-web/ to find out if their children are eligible for low-cost or free health coverage
For more information on how you can be involved please contact the 2009 Covering Kids & Families Michigan Communications Team at 313.874.1677 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mctun.org. Click here for downloadable resources, such as posters in English and Spanish.